Many customers prefer spray foam for several reasons.
- Air barrier- stops leaks and seals off the home envelope.
- Moisture barrier (CC only)- does not absorb moisture and outperforms other insulation materials.
- High R-value-Ranging from R- 3.5-7 per inch, foam has a distinct advantage in 2" X 4" and 2" X 6" framing and rafters, making renovations easier.
- Pest/Rodent infestations- sealing up the holes/gaps/cracks will prevent unwanted guests from infiltrating and disturbing your family.
- Reduced energy usage- more effective insulation will save you money in the long-term and provide more comfort.
- Structural strength (CC only)- adheres the walls and framing together solidly, and forms a strong bond that increases racking strength.
- Increases home value or resale value- a more energy efficient home is more desirable as costs continue to increase.
- Strong adherence and longevity- will not fall out and does not need replaced.
- Control indoor air quality- I have a story that might surprise you with this one.
- Add useful space-have a metal building or small shed that is uncomfortable to work in? Have some items that need to be stored in a controlled environment?
With all these reasons and more, is foam the best option for you?